Monday, February 8, 2010

A quick update on my back

A quick visit to the post clinic revealed that my back problem is not disc related, thankfully.  I was really worried about this.  Although not positive, the doctor is pretty sure that this was a freak accident.  I did do a lot of snow shoveling over the past couple of weeks and can honestly say that I really didn't concern myself much with proper shoveling technique as I tried to clear the driveway and sidewalk as quickly as possible before heading to work each morning.  I need to remember that as I get older, I need to give these types of things more consideration.  My body is a mess as it is, and although slowly improving, I still need to be careful.  I know that Dawn really enjoyed pushing me around in a wheelchair at the hospital in Regensburg back in October, but I really don't get warm fuzzies from picturing her doing that for the next 50 years! 

So, on the doc's orders, I'm at home right now working.  I wish I could do this every day.  It is sooo much less stressful than being in the office surrounded by the people I'm surrounded by on a daily basis during the work week.  My productivity working from home skyrockets and in my opinion, the output is of a higher quality.  It's so much easier to think and concentrate when I can have some music playing, the dog lying at my feet and I don't have to hear the incessant ramblings about who won American Idol or why Obama sucks. 

One other note - I'm thinking of switching from the German doctor back to an American doctor for my gout treatment.  I know what I need to do now and what path I must follow.  It would just be so much easier to go to the clinic on post instead of having to drive back in to Parsberg for appointments, sometimes waiting two to three hours extra to be seen.  I really like my German doctor and would still see him for acute attacks and my knee problem, but as far as getting blood drawn to monitor my uric acid levels each month and refilling my prescriptions, going to the clinic makes a lot more sense.  Plus, doc Warner is a great guy and a real pleasure to talk with.

Alright, the programs I need for work are installed - time to get back at it.  The harder I work, the faster the time goes and the sooner I can talk to my wife tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment