Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pre-Wedding Bliss

We are now down to 30 days from the wedding and 28 until many guests arrive. Family and friends are flying from Oregon, Washington and Minnesota to Munich and Nuremburg for a whirl-wind wedding weekend/vacation.

I’ve been doing a lot of planning and making lists. Nate and I finally sat down last night to look over all my lists while having dinner and checking out Gasthaus Grosshauser again. Lists for times, flowers, guests, music, helpers, vendors, and questions. This time I arrived with center pieces in hand and Nate toting his newest camera for a few more pictures to send to the DJ and photographer.

While waiting for dinner, we set up the center pieces and looked at new ways to set up the room for better flow and spacing. Nate also took a picture of me as Bridezilla, that famous wedding monster. Actually, we were faking that to show the size of the room two ways for Nate’s amusement. It looks something like the huge people in a tiny room from “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory.”

So, now, we continue to progress through the days and small tasks to get ready for the wedding. Nate says his job is to keep me stress free, to keep him stress free. No stress here. My dress is in, every box has shown up with wedding supplies I could not buy here, and only a cake to bake and altered suit coat await us. Not bad. Our guest room is also the home of all things wedding. And Nate thought we couldn't fit anything else in the house :)

Now I’m looking forward to the between things, like the Parsberg Volksfest, maybe a couple weekends camping, and a baking weekend.

Can’t wait until you all get here; we’ve got a lot of fun planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment