Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Good, Snowy Day

Today didn't turn out too bad.  Dawn and I both did some work from home due to the weather conditions in our neck of the woods.  We ended up receiving approximately six inches of snow overnight and it has been snowing on and off, sometimes heavily, all day.  This was enough to close down the post I work on and it was also enough to warrant an okay from the boss for Dawn to stay at home.  Dawn got a good workout in shoveling the driveway and the sidewalk while I, of course, took pictures of her laboring.  I wonder what our nosey German neighbors think about that?  I'm sure these busy-bodies have all kinds of scenarios dancing through their thick skulls, probably thinking Dawn is my slave and that I make her do all of the heavy lifting.  This actually doesn't sound too bad to me, but truth be told, I'm just in no shape physically at this moment to be shoveling snow or clearing driveways.  I tried early this morning and my back, bad knee and other sore appendages screamed NO at me.  As I get older, I think it's about time I start listening when my body is telling me something.

Anyway, we just got back from dropping the Toyota off to get the new snow tires put on.  I look forward to actually having some traction tomorrow when I drive to work.  This will be a pleasant change from earlier in the week.

Below is Dawn trying to put a winter hat I bought in Seattle on Osu.  At first he would have none of it.  Eventually, he and his ears warmed up to the idea.  Click on the picture for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment