Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Good Weekend in the Snow

I'm not really in a writing mood right now but thought I'd share some pictures from the past two days instead.  Dawn had a 'girl's night' Friday and a 'girl's day' most of Saturday with some friends.  I managed to sleep in a bit on Saturday, being awakened only by a whiney Osu who was itching to go outside.  Once I opened up the rolladen over the window, I could see why.  After a week plus of snowy and cloudy weather, the sun finally decided to show itself again making for a beautiful winter scene.  This gave me an idea.  Knowing that Germans rarely get out in inclement weather and definitely wouldn't be out post-holing through foot + deep snow, I and Osu loaded up in the car and headed down the hill towards the Schwarze Laaber creek valley.  In the Summer, this is a nice area to get out for short bike rides on warm and sunny evenings, a place where we can take Osu, let him off the leash to explore the nooks and crannies along the creek bank while following us as we pedal our bikes.  Knowing that the place rarely gets much traffic even during pleasant weather during the spring and summer, I figured this would be a great place to take Osu out to let him do some running in the newly fallen snow while I snapped some pictures in the unexpected morning sunlight.  It was a good morning while the sun lasted, both Osu and I enjoying the solitude and the snow.




More pictures can be found HERE

Today (Sunday), Dawn, Osu and I took a drive south of town in the Altmuehl River Valley.  Again, the morning dawned sunny making for some nice picture taking conditions and it allowed us to get back out and stretch our legs with the mutt. 

Okay, so the first one is from this morning at the house.  Not a bad thing to see first thing in the morning.








More pictures from this day can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment