Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to the Czech Republic

When foreign becomes familiar, the abnormal becomes normal and the exciting becomes mundane, you often have to push a little farther or take the path least traveled to make things exciting again.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.  I realized on Thursday, while trying to think of somewhere to go this weekend for a short trip, that the area where Dawn and I live has become a bit stagnant to us.  Trips to Nurnberg and Regensburg have become routine, we've thouroughly checked out our surrounding area, have visited many of the quaint villages contained in the region where we live, and have done most of the things normally targetted at visitors. 

After sitting and trying to think of something unique to do over this weekend, I remembered a webpage that I had stumbled across a year or two ago describing a medeival village in the Czech Republic.  The village, Cesky Krumlov, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and just a little over three hours from the house.  I figured it was finally time to go and check this place out. 

It's been EXACTLY one year since I was last in the Czech Republic and I think most of you know how that turned out.  Over the past year, I don't know how many people have asked me, "Will you ever go back to Czech or Prague?"  I always answered them, "sure, why not?"  Well, here we go.  I'm really looking forward to the trip, especially since Dawn has no idea where we are going.  I don't keep this information from her for her benefit or to not worry her, I just want to keep the destination a surprise because I do think she will love it.  We're both pretty easy-going and knew that we'd have no problem going back to the Czech Republic when the time came.  It would be silly to think otherwise.

We'll have a full report when we return.  Frohe Oster! (Happy Easter)

No comments:

Post a Comment