Friday, August 13, 2010

In the rush of things, I almost forgot about.....Amsterdam

Once things settle down in a month or two or three, I'll sit down and actually write a bit about our trips we have taken this summer.  I 'think' I've got some interesting things to say about each place we've been.  If not, it will at least give me something to do when the inevitable shit weather of October/November hits Germany.  As for now, free time just doesn't exist.  We leave for the States on Sunday, spending a week in Chicago and then a week in Minnesota.  We're really looking forward to the trips.  Upon our return to Euroland, we immediately depart the next weekend for Chamonix, France.  The next weekend, Jef and I will be doing a CPR class.  The weekend after that is our anniversery weekend which Dawn and I will be spending in the Neuschwanstein area of Germany.  After that, it's down to Berchtesgaden for the weekend.  We may even try to fit in a trip to Oktoberfest somewhere in there.  So, yes, it's going to be a busy five or six weeks for us coming up!  I can't complain one bit, though.

So, on to Amsterdam.  I'll keep this very brief - I LOVE that city!  Is that brief enough for you?  Great, so how about some pictures...... :)


Our penthouse apartment in A-dam.  Yes, that is Jef sleeping.  Dawn and I had the loft above.  This apartment was awesome!  However, getting up to it was not easy!  Five flights of very twisty stairs in an old canal house.... not easy with luggage.


         

(L)  Canal houses in central A-dam  (R) Jef checking out the view from our kitchen window


         

(L) Dawn on the water taxi  (R)  Tour boat makes a turn on to the Amstel River Canal

A lot more pictures from this trip can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment